If you like to cook or if you’re a seasoned culinarian, then you know that sweet and spicy are always a good pairing, even when it comes to the rich savory flavor of our Spicy New Mexico Green Chile pepper. Now, you can have your favorite chocolate brownies with a little spice. Don’t be afraid to try this, you’ll be surprised at how good they are. But don’t take my word for it. Try this spectacular recipe that has been perfected in many kitchens. Enjoy.
Ingredients for Spicy Hatch Green Chile Brownies Recipe
- 1⁄2 – 1 cup Hatch, New Mexico, Green Chile
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Preparation Instructions for Spicy Hatch Green Chile Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, Hatch Green Chile, and vanilla; stir just until blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the already mixed ingredients.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 square pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sides begin to pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.