Once again, we’ve figured out a way to make your mouths water. This New Mexican take on a traditional recipe will send you back for seconds, that is if you’re not stuffed already. This savory breakfast favorite will soon become your favorite, as this recipe back a big punch in the flavor department. Enjoy!
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated biscuits
Hatch Green Chile Gravy
- 1/2 cup (about 3 large chile pods) Hatch Green Chile Pods (or any other New Mexico Green Chile). *Roasted, Peeled, and seeded
- 12 oz pork sausage
- 1/3 flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 3 cups milk
Preparation Instructions for Hatch Green Chile Biscuits and Gravy
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake biscuits as directed on can.
- As your biscuits are baking, break sausage into spoonable sized pieces in large skillet using wooden cooking utensil. Cook over medium-high heat until browned and no longer raw, stirring frequently to keep from burning.
- Stir in flour, salt, garlic, hatch green chile, and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Split warm biscuits; place on serving plates. Serve sausage mixture over warm split biscuits.