Hatch Green Chile Stuffed Potatoes
Need a new recipe to pack on that winter weight? Well, whether you’re on a diet or not, you’re going to want to add this to your dinner menu. If you’re a fan of green chile and the classic spud, then you’ll love this easy and transformative recipe. Be a culinary artist and make this one your own. Enjoy!
- baked potatoes, slightly cooled
- Hatch Green Chile
- melted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- shredded cheese (cheddar, gruyere, fontina, pepper jack, or other of your choice)
- additional fillings of your choice: sauteed vegetables, bacon or ham, etc.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each potato in half. Use a spoon to scoop out insides, leaving a layer of potato against the skin and avoiding putting the spoon through to the other side, poking a hole. Reserve scooped potato for another use, maybe green chile mashed potatoes.?
- Brush inside of each potato with melted butter and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese into each potato and add fillings as desired (hatch green chile, diced meat, etc.) Fill each potato about 3/4 full. Crack one egg into each potato. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Top with additional cheese and toppings if desired.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes. Egg whites should be set and yolks soft.