Green Chile Matzo Ball Soup Recipe
Green Chile Matzo Ball Soup Recipe Ingredients
For the broth:
- 2 Cups New Mexico Hatch Green Chile
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned
- 3 stalks celery, halved, diced
- 3 large carrots, halved, diced
- 1 onion, halved, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
Step 1. Make the matzo balls:
Buy a box of matzo balls and follow instructions. Some boxes come with a seasoning packet. If you want an extra level of flavor, add it to the mix. Just be careful about your salt measurements.
- Remove meat from the rotisserie chicken. Save bones from chicken and boil at a very high heat with all for 30 minutes with about 6 cups of water. Set aside.
- Strain out any bones from the broth.
- Bring broth to a boil with all your vegetables until they become tender. About 15-20 minutes.
- Add your New Mexico Hatch Green Chile
- Add matzo balls to the mix
- Season as necessary with salt and pepper.