- 1 lb Pork or Beef (Optional)
- 3 tbsp lard or bacon grease
- 1/4 cup garlic (chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Diced Hatch New Mexico Green Chile (roasted, peeled, and seeded)
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt* to taste
- In oil in a heavy saucepan, saute’ garlic and onion.
- Blend in flour with wooden spoon.
- Add water, salt, and green chile.
- Bring to a boil, then drop temperature and simmer, stirring frequently, for 30-50 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite New Mexican food. (you may also refrigerate for 24 hrs for flavors to develop better)