Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Green Chile
- 8 fresh green chiles (Roasted, peeled)
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 4 ounces (weight) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Chimayo red chile powder
- 8 slices bacon (thin sliced)
- 16 toothpicks (Optional)
In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, chile powder, and garlic, until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Be careful not to damage the chiles while removing the skins. Using a knife, make a small slit down one of the chiles and remove the seeds. Repeat with each chile. Then, stuff chile with cheese mixture.
With a toothpick, secure one end of the bacon to the chile. Carefully, wrap the bacon around the chile towards the top of the chile. Secure the other side of the bacon with a toothpick as well. Place on baking sheet.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes, switch oven to broil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is golden brown.