If you haven’t made this dish, it’s super easy and super delicious. There are a few variations of this recipe, so have fun creating your own perfect recipe using this as a template.
Ingredients for New Mexico Style Calabacitas
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 lb Zucchini (you may also use different types of squash); cut into 1/4″-1/2″ slices
- 2 tbsp Butter or margarine **or more
- 1 cup Hatch Green Chile or other New Mexico Green Chile
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 medium onion **Optional
New Mexico Style Calabacitas Preparation
In a large pan on a medium-high heat, add your butter. Once it has melted and reached a good frying temperature, add the corn, zucchini, green chile and garlic powder. Sauté vegetables stirring frequently until zucchini has wilted and cooked. Serve with homemade tortillas. You may also serve with browned ground beef. Garnish with shredded cheese or eat plain.