Here’s one of those New Mexico recipes that are made a different way by every family using a basic set of rules. Here’s one that will make your heart heavy with love as the flavor is to die for. Eat it alone, on a tortilla, pour it all over your body and jump around, it doesn’t really matter how you enjoy it, but I guarantee you will.
NM Green Chile Picadillo Recipe
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (less than 80% lean)
- 1 Cup Tomato (chopped))
- 1 Cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cups X-Hot New Mexico Green Chile (roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Beef Bullion
- 1 Cup Water
- Heat skillet at a medium temperature.
- add ground beef to pan, and add 1/2 tablespoon of salt and a 1/2 tablespoon of pepper. The fattier the ground beef, the easier it will be to develop a good texture.
- add tomatoes, onion, flour, water, and beef bullion and simmer until onion becomes translucent.
- add New Mexico green chile, an additional 1/2 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 tablespoon pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve immediately!