- 2-4 Mild, Hot, or X-Hot New Mexico Green Chiles
- 3 large or 4 medium, ripe avocado
- 1/2 white onion, peeled and finley chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder and/or 1 Clove Roasted Garlic, finely chopped
Roast the green chiles and remove the skin. For more information see How to Roast Chiles
Chop the green chiles, very fine. Mash the avocado with a fork until almost smooth. Fold in the remaining ingredients and the chiles into the mashed avocado.
Stir, then serve with chips or anything else that you want to dip.