- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound pork chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups roasted and peeled New Mexico Green Chile, chopped
- 2 cups pozole blanco (white hominy)**
- 1 tablespoon salt or so, to taste
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted onion powder
**Need to Use Pressure Cooker to soften.
In a soup pot sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes until wilted. Add the pork and garlic and fry for a few minutes until lightly browned.
Add garlic, sauté until soft, 4 minutes. Add water, cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Place pork and other ingredients into the pressure cooker.
Secure lid. Bring to high pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook until meat is tender, about 1 Hour 15 minutes. Remove from heat, vent pressure, and remove the lid. Skim fat if any.
Serves 6 to 8