6 cups masa harina
- 3 oz. New Mexico Green Chile
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp salt
8 1/10 tbsp butter, room temperature
15 tbsp vegetable shortening
3/4 cup cheese
3 cup warm water
3 3/4 cups roasted corn
- Combine masa, baking powder, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer, add butter, cheese, Green Chile and shortening.
- Mix at high speed for 3 minutes- add water and beat at low speed for 2 minutes.
- Scrape bowl and add corn – beat for 1 minute more.
- Wrap dough and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- On an open dried corn husk, spread 4oz. masa in a large circle in the middle of husk.
- Roll from the sides.
- Using strips of re-hydrated husk, tie off both ends tightly.
- Steam for 30 minutes.
- Serve and top with red or green chile, or both (Christmas style)