Hatch Green Chile Recipe – New Mexico Green Chile Recipe – Easy Green Chile Recipe
New Mexico, USA– If you’ve been looking for a tasty and good Hatch Green Chile Recipe to eat with your favorite meals, this is the one you’ll gravitate towards once you taste it. Whether you have Hatch or any other New Mexico Green Chile variety, you’ll be pleased with the flavor of this simple and not very complex hatch green chile recipe. If you’d like to see our other green chile recipes, click here.
Below, I have added photos of each step to make it easier to understand.
New Mexico Hatch Green Chile Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/4 lb Crispy cooked Bacon (or 4 tbsp bacon grease)
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup New Mexico Green Chile
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1/4 Cup Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper (Optional)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder (Optional)
Instructions for Hatch Green Chile Recipe
- Reduce the fat off about a 1/4 lb of bacon. In this case, I use 6 strips of pretty fatty bacon.
- Once you’ve reduced your bacon and have developed a nice amount of grease in the pan, add a 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour, and whisk until it has become slightly browned.
- Add Green Chile, Onion, and Garlic and bring to a simmer, or until onion has become translucent.
- Add salt and pepper and you’re done.
- Serve over breakfast with the bacon you’ve just made, or over you’re favorite New Mexican food meal.