Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Hatch Green Chile and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 25
Number of Servings: 5
- 1 cup Hatch New Mexico Green Chile or Any other New Mexico Chile
- 1 small onion
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 4-5 skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 tbsp bread crumbs
1. Dice onion finely and saute over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp butter until soft and lightly browned. In a large mixing bowl, add onion to cream cheese, mozzarella, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, tomato, and green chile. Mix thoroughly
2. Butterfly chicken breasts and fill with cheese and chile mixture. Roll up or fold chicken breasts in half. Roll chicken breast in egg and the melted remaining 2 tbsp of butter and then bread crumbs.
3. Place on oiled baking sheet. Bake in a 375-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. Enjoy!