READY IN: 50mins SERVES: 3
- 6 large bell peppers (yellow, red, or green)
- 1 cup Hatch Green Chile
- 1 lb 70-80% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup colby jack cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice (cooked)
- 1 cup beef broth or bullion
- Preheat Oven to 350˚
- Remove the tops of green peppers (set aside); discard seeds and inards.
- Dice up about 1/4 cup of bell peppers from the tops.
- Boil the peppers, uncovered for about 5 minutes
- In a skillet cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper and Hatch Green Chile, Salt, Pepper until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off excess fat. Add drained tomatoes, Worcestershire.
- Add rice to vegetable and beef mix.
- Stir in cheese. Stuff the bell peppers with meat and vegetable mixture.
- Place in a 10x6x2 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes