- 20 (X-Hot, Hot, Medium, or Mild) New Mexico Red Chile Pods
- 1/4 cup minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Salt* (to taste)
- 3 cups water or (beef or chicken broth)
- Remove all stems, seeds, and pits thoroughly
- Soak Red Chile Pods in a pot of hot water. I like to soak mine in a large saucepan on a high heat (faster).
- Add 3 cups Fresh Water, Red Chile Pods, Garlic and Salt to a blender.
- Puree red chile in blender until it has reached a smooth texture.
- Strain out any seeds or large pieces that did not blend.
- Transfer all contents to a large saucepan and simmer on med-low heat for 1 hour.