If you’re looking for something “out of the box” to make, but you can’t live without your beloved New Mexico Green Chile, then this recipe is just for you. With the already flavorful beef stroganoff, an American classic, just adding a green chile can be a huge hit. As long as you have good and flavorful chile, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. That’s why we chose Lemitar, New Mexico Green Chile. In my opinion, it has the best overall spice and heat combo, which are very important if you cook with green chile often. Rich, beefy, with a kick a spice, Lemitar Green Chile Beef Stroganoff will definitely be a hit with your family. The only question is, what are you going to pair it with?
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 cup Hot Lemitar New Mexico Green Chile
- 2 cups Pasta (cooked)
- 1 cup warm/hot Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Boil pasta to the desired hardness/softness. You can begin to brown your ground beef right now as well. I like my pasta aldente. Cold shock pasta with cold running water to keep pasta at the right hardness. Set aside.
- Season beef with a slight bit of pepper and salt to imbed flavors. Once the ground beef has begun to brown, add your flour.
- Stir ground beef with flour until flour becomes slightly browned. It is okay if beef has not fully cooked yet. You don’t want the beef to be overcooked.
- Add warm water, room temp heavy whipping creme, garlic, mushrooms, onion powder, salt and pepper, Lemitar green chile, then simmer at a medium heat.
- Once the ingredients have had the opportunity to mend and develop flavor, add the pasta, stir well, then serve. You may also create a bed of pasta and scoop the stroganoff on top. Whatever your personal preference is.