Looking for a green chile recipe that you can have with your favorite meat? Well, here’s another way to disguise every New Mexican’s favorite ingredient among a few carbohydrates. It’s winter, so, what the heck!
Ingredients Hatch Green Chile Baked Rice
- 3 c Rice; Cooked
- 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese; Shredded
- 1 c Dairy Sour Cream
- Red Chiles; Ground, To Taste
- 1/2 c MontereyJack Cheese; Shredded
- 2 c New Mexico Green Chile; (Roasted, peeled, and chopped)
Hatch Green Chile Baked Rice Preparation
* Use 2 4-oz cans of chopped green chiles which have been drained.Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all the ingredients in an ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until done.