Hatch Green Chile and Bacon Quiche Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (half of 15-ounce package), room temperature
- 8 slices bacon (cooked and reduced of all fat)
- 1/2 cup Roasted, Peeled, seeded and chopped New Mexico Green Chile
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425°F. Unfold crust. Using wet fingertips, press together any tears. Press crust into 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Press foil over crust to hold shape. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; remove foil. Reduce temperature to 400°F.
Cook bacon in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels and drain. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle bacon, then chilies and green onion over crust. Combine Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese and sprinkle over. Beat half and half, eggs and salt in medium bowl to blend. Pour half and half mixture into crust.
Bake the quiche until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let quiche stand 5 minutes. Cut quiche into wedges and serve.