If you’re searching for something cheesy, delicious, and packed with our New Mexico chile flavor, then this recipe will definitely fulfill your chile cravings. With two of the main ingredients being green chile and cheese, how could you go wrong?
- 1/8 c Butter or margarine
- 5 Lg Eggs
- 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 c All-purpose flour
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 c Cottage cheese
- 1/2 lb Shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup (X-Hot, Hot, Med, or Mild) Hatch Green Chile or similar New Mexico Chile (Roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped)
- Melt margarine in an 8×8 inch pyrex dish; swish to coat sides.
- Beat eggs, baking powder, flour, and salt together.
- Mix cheeses into the mixture, add chiles and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 and bake another 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cut into dinner-sized squares and serve warm.