If you’re like me and you’re always looking for a new green chile recipe, then this one will definitely get your taste buds singing a friendly tune. This recipe is super simple and uses super simple ingredients. Try this recipe and you’ll love it too!
- 1 ts Butter
- 2-3 1/2 cups Hatch Green Chile or any similar New Mexico green chile
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 c Flour
- 3 c Cooked brown rice
- 6 oz Monterey jack cheese —Grated
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a shallow, 1-1/2-quart oval gratin dish.
2. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Reserve egg whites. Place yolks, green chiles, salt, and flour in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Place egg whites in a 5-quart mixing bowl, and beat until soft peaks form. Stir one-third of the egg whites into chile-egg mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites.
3. Place a layer of green chiles in bottom of prepared dish. Cover with one-third of the rice, one-third of the cheese, and one-third of the chile-egg mixture. Finish with the last layer of green chiles and the remaining rice, the cheese, and the chile-egg mixture.
4. Bake until top is golden brown (30 to 35 minutes). Serve immediately.