Casa La Huerta – Historic Adobe Vacation Home in Rio Grande District
Welcome to Casa La Huerta! This authentic, Northern New Mexico-style adobe home hosts guests in the residential Rio Grande district of Albuquerque’s North Valley. Leave the car behind and walk to local favorites like Flying Star Café – an eclectic eatery with something for everyone.
Enjoy outdoor spaces at the front and back Casa La Huerta, overseeing 1/3 of an acre with native landscaping and scented by sunflowers, lavender, and our small fruit orchard. When they’re in season, feel free to step outside and pick fresh fruit from the trees!
Walking paths, orchards, lavender fields, vineyards, open spaces, and horseback riding await you. Don’t forget to bring your bikes or hiking shoes: This area is a cyclists and walkers’ paradise!
AUTHENTIC ACCOMMODATIONS + LOCAL CONNECTIONS
The main section of Casa La Huerta was built in 1890, and the home has undergone several renovations since then. Now it presents a great combination of authentic, vintage, and modern with wood/brick floors, Talavera tile in the kitchen and bath, heated bathroom flooring, and a retro-style Wedgewood range in the kitchen. Ideal for couples, couples with young children, and friend trips.
The privacy and comfort of our guests are paramount. Rest assured that this lovingly cared-for rental will be spotless upon your arrival. The adobe walls and fencing that surround the property assure your privacy.
Michael manages this vacation rental. He’s an Albuquerque native who lives less than one mile from the property, and he’s dedicated to making your stay hassle-free and memorable. Talk to him for his local knowledge about nearby cultural sites, markets, shopping, restaurants, and entertainment.
- – Gated and private
- – Spacious and gated off-street parking for 2 cars or an RV
- – Office area with network, color printer, and HD monitor
- – High-Speed Wireless Internet
- – Fully equipped kitchen with many modern appliances
- – High Definition TV with Dish TV (190+ channels) + Netflix/Apple TV in both Living Room and Main Bedroom
- – Full-Size Washer & Dryer
- – Main Bedroom – Queen bed with medium firm Sealy Posturepedic mattress
- – 2nd Bedroom – Queen bed with firm Sealy Posturepedic mattress
- – Living Room – Full-size Sleeper Sofa
- – 24 Hr. Armed Response security alarm
Patio Furniture and Gas BBQ available year-round.
Room Dimensions (in feet):
Main Living Area: 11 x 17
Master Bedroom: 12 x 15
Kitchen: 10 x 10
Dining Area: 10 x 12
2nd Bedroom: 11 x 13