If you’re looking for a quick and tasty appetizer, then you’ll love this Beer Battered Hatch Green Chile Strips and Green Chile Cilantro Dipping Sauce Recipe. Hatch, New Mexico Green Chile is known for its spice and its world-class flavor and not to mention, its what just about every New Mexican loves.
Beer Battered Hatch Green Chile Strips with Green Chile Cilantro Dipping Sauce Recipe
Time to prep & cook: 30 minutes
Ingredients For Beer Battered Green Chile Strips:
- 2 cups Vegetable oil
- 4 Large Frest Hatch Green Chile Pods
- 6 oz. Beer
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Ingredients for Green Chile Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Roasted, Skinned and seeded Hatch Green Chile
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
Preparation Instructions for Green Chile Cilantro Dipping Sauce
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
Preparation Instructions for Hatch Green Chile Strips
- Roast, then remove skin, seeds, and stem from the green chile.
- Cut as many 1/4 inch vertical strips you can from the green chiles. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat 2 cups of vegetable oil at a medium-high heat. (approximately 375˚)
- On a serving plate, lay out enough napkins to cover the surface. You will be putting the fried chile strips on here after frying, to absorb any excess oil.
- Pour beer, flour, baking powder, chile, salt, and pepper to a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix thoroughly or until there are no more lumps in the flour.
- Dredge chile strips through the batter, then fry in vegetable oil till golden brown. Set on the napkin-lined plate to cool off.
- Serve with dipping sauce.