1. Green Chile Pesto Stuffed Chicken
This chicken is FULL of flavor and is quite fancy, if I do say so myself.
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tbsp chile powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp parsley flake
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup Hatch Green Chile
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pinon nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (mild white cheese of choice)
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- Combine 1 tbsp of each of the following in a gallon freezer bag: cumin, coriander, chile powder and coconut aminos. Add 3 tbsp of salt and 1 crushed clove of garlic.
- Place chicken in the bag and cover with water.
- Smush (technical term) the mixture around until combined and chicken is coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine basil, green chile, and remaining garlic in blender or food processor and blend till smooth.
- Add toasted pine nuts, salt and pepper to the blender and give it a rough pulse.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from bag and pat dry.
- Slice the chicken open like a book.
- Layer: pesto, shredded cheese, pesto. Fasten closed with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining spices (or any you would like), add coconut oil and make a paste.
- Top chicken with the herb paste. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees (mine took 22 minutes).
- Try not to drool too much. Nobody wants to see that.