Yield: 6 servings
Cooking Time: Approximately 1 hour
Temperature: Medium, Low
- 2 pounds pork or beef, cubed
- 3 cups potatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups roasted, peeled and chopped New Mexico green chile*
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (*Optional)
1. Dredge the meat in flour. Place the shortening in a heavy skillet and brown meat at medium heat. Place meat in a large stewing pot.
2. Sauté the onions in the remaining shortening and add to stewing pot.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to stewing pot and simmer at low heat for 1 hour.
* Varied amounts may be used.